Friday 9 August 2013

Playing The Waiting Game



I see I haven’t done a new blog in a few weeks, so here goes. I haven’t been feeling myself for last couple of weeks now; I’ve been worrying about my back. (And as I don’t keep a diary this is like my diary for the world to read, or whoever wants to read. By the way thank you if you do read, I appreciate it :-)) Anyway let’s get back to it, there has been quite a few restless nights, not due to pain nut due to worrying and thinking what is going on, thinking the worst. There has been no news from my GP Doctor about the referral to see the experts, but hey I played enough Super Mario Bros as kid to know you don’t get to go from level 1 to fighting for the princess in a click off your fingers, you have to play the game. (The waiting game with my Doctors) and jump through their hoops or green pipes as it was in the Super Mario Bros world.

I have had 3 of these weird and freaky episodes of really bad pain in my lower left side of my back. And I have not been back to my GP Doctor I have been in contact with another Doctors I am under. I spoke with her over the phone after episode number 2, and I have an appointment on the 27/09/13 to see her. She knows I have scoliosis but over the phone she said it could be a gallstones symptom as in some cases they can come on with movement, now I’m not ruling it out but I’m not sure it’s that. The other thing we disused was about the new wheelchair and seat I am using, which I talked about in my blog a few months back. See going back about two years now Doctors I was see were unhappy about the way I was sitting in my chair, saying my posture was off. So forward by a few months and they sent me Salisbury to the  Moire Fringe Clinic to have this test done which I can only describe it as like when they do the high and low peruse on the weather it was like that. (The pic i have added is what it is like)

 The results came back from that I needed to have a seat cushion made which was a little raised under my right bottom cheek to even me out and improve my posture. Moving on anyway all the got put on hold as ops and getting this new wheelchair and the guys just gave me a gel seat cushion with extra gel packs to work  as the raised bit. Now I’m not saying it’s because of this seat cushion I am getting the bad back pain, the only thing I know is that I never had pain in my back like this till I started using this wheelchair and seat cushion.  All I know is that I would much rather it be gallstones or due to this seat cushion, than my scoliosis getting worse and having to have that back op done, because still to this very day that scares the hell out of me. My back still gives me a bit of pain every now and again it’s just when these episodes kick in it goes into overdrive, but hey ho life goes on I’m just going to the play the waiting game and fingers crossed when I see some Doctors they can find out what’s going on and what’s causing the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment