Wednesday 24 July 2013

Going off topic today I want to talk about this amazing film I saw last night called MUD.



Going off topic today I want to talk about this amazing film I saw last night called MUD.
 

MUD is masterpiece what a beautiful and strong movie! I don't want to spoil this movie, but I can just say it's a rare and beautiful movie about love, friendship, nature and wildness. Very sensitive, touching. The cast is great, Reese Whiterspoon, Matthew McConaughey, and the two children. Great photography too. It's a film you need to see for yourself as it can be enjoyed on so many a levels. This was my very first Jeff Nichols film and I think he maybe a genius, as he has two other films that he wrote/directed called Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories. Now I haven’t seen them but I watched the trailers and read up on them after watching MUD and both films seem to be highly rated, so sometime soon in the near future I will be checking them out. And IMDB say he has an untitled Jeff Nichols/Sci-Fi Project in the works which I will defiantly be keeping an eye out for. Any way back to MUD It reminded me a lot of Stand By Me (which is my number one film of all time) but not just because it had kids init but because of the human touch and feel it had to it and the story and it had characters you really cared for. Well that’s how I felt after anyway I really enjoyed this and I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment