Saturday 9 August 2014

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of yesterday



This is a whole run down of my day yesterday

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

In the morning I attended a meeting, as part of my service working. This was for Adult Nursing
Full morning simulation activity for level I communication unit for adult nursing 
(Therapeutic Communication in Adult Nursing)

Aim: 

1.       For second year student nurses to undertake an assessment of a real “patient” as part of a small peer group.
2.       For student nurses to handover the “patient” in a simulated ward report to peers and academic staff.
3.       For student nurses to receive feedback on their performance by patients, peers and academic staff.
  
Preparation for the “patient” 

1.       You will be asked for some basic information that you might give to health professional eg gender, age, name and the reason for your admission. This will be given to the student nurses who will be meeting you to help them with their assessment. Your story may be better if it’s as close to your real life situation as possible. 

And number 2 and 3, were just things about on the day in short term they want us to take part in some role-playing with the students. I am excited to be on bored with something like this, plus it gives me a new platform to get the word of FA - Friedreich's Ataxia out there. 

The dates are not till early of next year, so I’ve got plenty of time to think of what I’m going to say.

Then I had a little accident with bladder failure again, this time it was out in public so it made it even more embarrassing. Then I caught my thumb in one of wheels and cut it open, so I rang my mum up and she came and picked me up because there was no way I was getting on the bus smelling of pee and bloody thumb. 

It was a very positive and productive morning, which turned sour quite quickly.

I got home and showed and all that good stuff, because let’s face it I did not smell pretty.
I had it planned for ages, to go to the Anvil that night for a gig and I’ll be honest after my afternoon the last thing I wanted to do was go out. My self confidence was at an all time low and I was just not in the mood. 

But I put my mask of happiness on, and got ready and about half an hour before I went out it started raining, I mean it was pissing it down.  I dislike rain because as a wheelchair user we always get wet, and of course I got went but eventually it did stop. 

The gig I went to at the Anvil was Baby Godzilla and it was hands down the most insane gig I have ever been to in my life, I keep scratching my head thinking how am I still Alive... after that it was balls to the walls crazy but I loved it and it done its job because I completely forgot about all the other shit going on I my life and just enjoyed myself.
And now for the best news... I didn’t pee my pants so Yes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment