Wednesday 19 March 2014

Definition of FA - Friedreich's Ataxia



A FA buddy of mine sent me a message on Face book and said try to write an article about a simple definition of FA - Friedreich's Ataxia. 

Like most people of my age I turned to the internet and I Goggled it.
Here’s what came up

 Friedreich's Ataxia

Web definitions

Sclerosis of the posterior and lateral columns of the spinal cord; characterized by muscular weakness and abnormal gait; occurs in children

Yes that is a correct definition of what FA - Friedreich's Ataxia is.

Now I’m going to take my shot at it.

My definition of FA - Friedreich's Ataxia is RARE.

The reason I used the word RARE is because no one knows about it, unless it is happen to you or you see the right people who know about it. 

And when I say no one knows I don’t mean random people on the streets, I mean Doctors, Nurses and Surgeons and many more, those types of people who you think would know a little about it. I have now been living with FA for 11years, and still all kinds of people asking me ‘What is Friedreich's Ataxia’.

My definition of Friedreich's Ataxia is RARE, because no one knows about it

I am trying to make a change to that, with this very blog I Don't Wanna Stop till the aliens in the universe know about Friedreich's Ataxia.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My previous comment was irreparable and easy to misunderstand. I meant no offence to you or any readers.

      Delete