Friday 14 March 2014

Jay & Silent Bob’s tickets & a day of Thank You's



Today got off to a great start

I booked tickets for Jay & Silent Bob’s Hollywood Babble-On in London, it’s not till the 1st of July, but I am really excited I am a big Kevin Smith fan love all his films and just can’t wait for this day. Going with my 2 friends called Chris, it’s going to be a super fun day in London town.

And then the postman came

I received a nice surprise in the post a thank you card from the students back from the OT’s occupational therapists talk we did on the 4th of March. 


All the students signed it and put messages of thanks, and it also included a poem. Kirsty the university lecturer set the students a creative task of writing something about occupational therapy and one of the groups decided to use me and my story as inspiration.  

I will now share the poem



Our Poem
I’ve always felt fine,
But then there came a time,
When I sat in a chair
And received that ‘blank stare’.
My Mum said I had no co-ordination,
Yet my brother and sister, they ran for then nation.
So this lead me to him,
Sat behind his desk looking grim.
He says t me ‘Son, you’re pretty much done.
By the time you’re 18, you’ll be in a chair,
Now here’s a brochure, off you pop, let’s see how you fair. ‘
So I went from feeling just fine,
To this life sentence of mine.
I painted a smile on for my Mum,
But inside, I knew we were both glum
Then in came Pete,
With his fancy toilet seat.
We had loads of fun,
But he still got the job done.
Time was never a problem for Pete,
He spent ages on my smurf feet.
Pete called me the Evil Knievel of transfers,
Instead, they should’ve sent me to the ballet school of dancers.
Pete accepted me, tattoos and all,
And picked me up each time I had a fall.
He made me feel like I had self-worth,
And justified my reason here on planet earth.
Through Pete’s care and support,
I can teach others what he taught:
That despite my FA,
I can still live to the max every day.

Lucy P,Rye,Camilla,Sheryl,Esther 



What a wonderful poem, my eyes filled up with tears as I read it. Thank you to all the of the students for the card and thank you for the poem it really touched me.

To those who know me and know of my story, you may get and understand the poem. for those who don’t here is my story 


Thank you
I’d like to just say a massive thank you to everybody, my blog page views is at 3,111, so thank you to everybody that reads and share’s it, thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment