Thursday 13 March 2014

Justin's Evening News 2



Today was a good day

I got my mum to drop me off at Tower Park, so I could go and see The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ever since coming out of Hospital, and because I have had some falls of late, my mum and my older brother watch me like a hawk. Spending the last few days telling them I will be fine today came and my mum dropped me off and then left.

FREEDOM 

I rolled into the cinema and got my ticket for one (Now I must say I do love people, but ever since I was a kid I just love being by my own, it’s just the way I am) so yeah got my ticket to The Grand Budapest Hotel, and the guy at the desk goes “do you want me to open the screen door for you – my reply no it’s okay I’ll be fine. I had a little wonder round and then headed to my screen, then a lady checked my ticket, and then went “I’ll come grab the door for you, I was like I’m okay I’ve got it, and then she was like “are you sure you don’t want me to hover just in case, I was think no thank you I’ll be fine.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

A brilliantly entertaining fantasy outing, The Grand Budapest Hotel is the latest from Wes Anderson, and what great fun it is. This was my first Wes Anderson film, but if any other of his films are like this then I think I may like them too as I really enjoyed this. 

I found it funny, 4 other people were in the cinema, and I don’t think any of them laughed. It’s well written and the cast is brilliant.

After the film I hopped on a bus and went to Poole for the rest of the day (I didn’t tell anyone but this was my plan all along, I phoned my mum and told her when I was on the bus)

I know I am naughty but I just wanted a day by myself, like I used to the good old days. I didn’t do much in Poole just looked around a few shops, brought a film Man of Steel on Blu-Ray
.
It just felt so good to be out by myself, just me, my wheelchair (Betty) and my IPod.

I knew if I told anyone before they would have said no and stopped it, so that’s why I left it to the last minute, to say anything because then they just had to deal with it. 

On the bus on the way home, on my iPod came Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone 

How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own

It was wonderful and great to have spent the day on my own and only relying on myself. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment