Saturday 12 July 2014

The Power of the FA community is a Beautiful Thing



A pretty wonderful thing happened last night; I got added to a private chat on facebook. Where this Mother of a 9 year old son, has just been was diagnosed with FA - Friedreich's Ataxia (That part not so wonderful)

But what was wonderful, was what followed 

The community of FA’ers 

That got added to the chat, we all came together to answer what questions, and share our knowledge and experience with this Mother. 

It was a beautiful thing 

Even though I am super tired for it (As I up to the early hours of the morning) and I fell out of my wheelchair this morning just after I got up, but none of that matters because last night I helped a person who was lost in an unknown world. (We I hope i/We the FA community helped)

The FA community is amazing; we are like a league of extraordinary gentlemen and ladies.

Amazing stuff

Thanks to the power of the internet and social media, I have got in touch with so many FA’ers from all over this world... I just hope someday I get to meet some of you for real.

I remember when I was diagnosed with FA - Friedreich's Ataxia I spent a lot of time, pretending it wasn’t happening and just trying to live a normal life, who know maybe if I had a way to talk to people who were in the same boat... maybe it would have been easier. (I don’t know, I can’t go back to the past... I’m no X-Man)

I have always said this, and last night was just another case of it... No one knows of FA - Friedreich's Ataxia until someone you know is going through it... So Come on People get Learning about FA - Friedreich's Ataxia Today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment