Saturday 5 July 2014

British Summer Time was Amazing



Hyde Park yesterday for British Summer Time was Amazing 

I went with my friends Chris 1 and Chris 2 (the same two I went to London with on Tuesday) and Chris 2’s Dad. We left Bournemouth and headed for Salisbury, where we were meeting Chris number 2 Dad and we headed for London. 

I just have to say real quick, meeting Chris 2 Dad was so much fun and he is funny and straight up and honest as they come. Most people when they first meet me (And most wheelchair users probably get this) people treat you with “kiddie gloves” on “Beat around the bush” at first, not this guy and I like it and I respected him for it because I don’t get a whole lot of it.

We made it to London 

We parked the car up and headed for Hyde Park, we got told it was a 10minute walk from where we parked. More like 30 – 40minute, that Park is bloody huge we got lost well not lost we just took the long way through the Park. hahaha

 We got there in the end, and it was Hello

British Summer Time for £2.50

We got in and meet up with some other friends of Chris 2, and set up camp got some ciders and food in and waited for the bands.
I got to see Motorhead for the 6th time, they were great as always and it was great to see Lemmy Kilmister (Has already spent enough time at home, sidelined for nearly a year by a small avalanche of health issues: heart trouble, diabetes, surgery and more) back on stage where he belongs playing Rock and Roll.

After Motorhead had finished, I need a wee I went on my own to find a disabled toilet. When I got back all my friends and new friends I made had a go at me because I was ages, but truth is I got lost they were all like we thought you may have pulled at the toilets and gone off for a quickie, I was like I wish but truth Is I just got lost.

The disabled toilets were good though and very big, which is good more room the better makes life that little bit easier. 

By the time I got back to my friends, Faith No More just came on the stage and they were good but I saw them back in 2009 at Download and they were way better back then. 

The next two bands, was what I was really there for Soundgarden and Black Sabbath

Soundgarden were amazing and they played Superunknown in its full, and then Black Sabbath come on the stage and blow me away with how fucking great they were, and they kicked things off with War Pigs I could have gone home  happy after that one song :-)  (War Pigs is my all time favourite Black Sabbath song)

I was doing some serious air bass slapping when this number hit

Yesterday was full of so many Rocking moments and all for £2.50 just the fucking best. \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment