Tuesday 6 May 2014

Meeting, Ice Cream & Survived the biggest accident of my life



Back again doing work for Bournemouth University Carer and Service User Partnership. Today was just a meeting 

1.30pm Introductions
1.40pm Matters arising from last minutes
1.50pm Group tasks:

My group

Our task was to look at the booking form and discus if there was any way that we could improve it. Among the 7 of us, I think we had some good input. 

2.15pm Break
2.30pm Updates

.  Festival of Learning
. Paramedic Science
. (HCPC. Midwifery, OT, Physio Validations
2.50pm Future (Subgroup) Work 

2.55pm Any other business & planning the next meeting
3pm Close 

This was my first meeting that I have attended, I enjoyed it, meeting new people and discussing things, was a productive and positive afternoon.

My mum was there too, and after the meeting we went and tried out the new ice cream parlor town 

Sprinkles Gelato

After queuing for a bit we got an ice cream, I had banana split flavoured ice cream. Man it was good :-) if you are a fan of ice cream (come on like who isn’t, it’s Ice Cream) then go check this place out, it’s worth it.

And now for the, I survived the biggest accident of my life

Are you ready?

I rolled into and got hit by a bus, that’s right a bus. 

Here’s what happened, so mum and I were at the bus waiting outside it, and mum goes I’m going to sit on the bench it’s cold and then says to me come on in. This bus stop was a bit slopped not flat anyway as I am rolling in, I’ve hit the slopped bit got speed and rolled into a bus, which was just leaving. My head went into the back bus wheel. I’m guessing that thanks to FA as I was rolling I never got the messages from my brain to put my hands on my wheels to stop myself, I am really luck because could have easily been the end of me. Game Over Man

I have a few cuts on my head, knees and shoulder, but not do bad, after getting home and trying to talk things out with my mum and brother, there were a lot of tears shared, manly by me.  It just to this, with me having FA accidents are all ways going to happen, now I’m not saying I want to get hit by a bus every day, I’m just saying shit happens.

One good thing I can say is... at least i had clean underwear on.

No comments:

Post a Comment