Thursday 15 May 2014

Bad Start that turned into an Amazing Day



To think this day started off in the worst possible way, I fell out of bed and crushed my leg under my fat ass. 

And now we rewind 

A few weeks back I and my friend (Dave) got talking about festivals, and we both decided on Download, however I checked online and the weekend disabled camping tickets had SOLD OUT.  I put myself on the cancellation list, and every night I was saying a pray to the Rock Gods up stairs.
Yesterday that pray got answered as a ticket became available, and today I paid for that ticket.

I very much so feel like Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I have a golden ticket. (I know he won it and I paid for it, but still I’m Excited)

I have not been to Download since 2010, that’s 4 years (Because of other things, and the 2 ops I had done) But this year I am making my way back, I'm on the way to the promised land.

Here’s the Line Up 



Now I know some of it isn’t great, but it does have some bands that I am dying to see. Like Rob Zombie, Black Label Society, Twisted Sister, Volbeat and Steel Panther again and a few more. \m/

Also 

I did a blog interview with Clare Nonhebel

Clare Nonhebel is a author has also worked as a freelance journalist, with articles and features published in national magazines and newspapers, and was previously a social worker and a PR executive.
Following publication of the books, she has been on TV and radio, and has given school, college, bookshop and group talks.

Clare Nonhebel is a Christian who writes for believers and non-believers alike, tackling serious topics with a lightness of touch.

Clare is a fantastic lady and even though I have not met her, one day (I hope soon) I will.

Here is the link to the peace Clare has done on me.
http://cnon2014.wordpress.com/


Please go and view that J also here is the link to Clare’s website
 http://clarenonhebel.com/

Then this got sent to me to make this day even more Amazing

I received the feedback from my Tuesday talk

Take a look 

What did you find useful about the session?
·         Finding out about this rare condition and how it affects him and his family and what it entails.
·         Patient insight into the condition
·         Justin and his mother were very honest and open and gave a lot of information
·         Great to hear first-hand views and experiences
·         I found it amazing to hear about  living with a condition first-hand
·         I loved that there was no PowerPoint presentation and that Justin truly spoke from the heart
·         This session was absolutely invaluable! It was amazing to hear from a young person living with the condition rather than just a PowerPoint
·         Loved hearing about someone’s own experiences first-hand. Very useful to find out from patients’ perspectives on their own treatment and how it can be improved
·         To understand how not to give diagnosis to patients and families about conditions. To find out a bit more about Friedrich’s Ataxia and how the family coped with the diagnosis
·         Very interesting; complete eye opener
·         Real life situation, feelings, raw emotion
·         Interactive Q&A session
·         The session was very interesting as it enabled us to see another point of view and gain insight to the experiences of a parent and child. Also this is a condition which we might not have come across so interesting to gain understanding of this
·         Emotions felt by patient with FA; how he deals with his daily life
·         Learning about FA and how it affects the family’s daily life (2)
·         Steps through his diagnosis
·         Carer’s point of view from his mum
·         Sharing their life experience; being personal
·         Hearing about a condition from a person who currently knows what it is like, living with the condition, rather than just being taught about it. It helped to realise and understand the condition from that person’s perspective
·         Getting a ‘reality’ view from the person/carer perspective of living with a life long/complex condition
·         Learning about positives/negatives/difficulties experienced
·         Gaining a more in-depth understanding
·         Receiving information directly from Justin and his mother; very informative and interesting
·         Loved learning about the condition from Justin himself, rather than a PowerPoint; hearing from him and his mum was very interesting
·         Hearing the journey of a real life patient; their feelings and challenges
·         Great, honest insight; good to have first-hand account (2); raised awareness of FA
What could have been done differently?
·         Nothing; it was lovely to hear from someone with the condition rather than PowerPoint from someone who doesn’t know much
·         Set out the room differently; felt too formal; maybe a circular set up
·         Carpet was hard for Justin in his wheelchair
·         More explanation on how nurses could have improved the hospital experience
·         More detail about care in hospital and from nurses; also improvements for nurses and professionals to make
·         Nothing (2)
·         Left blank (11)

Any other comments
·         Very good session
·         This was brilliant and inspiring; makes me think about how to treat young people in the future
·         You are both doing an excellent job; keep smiling Justin!
·         Very interesting session :) (2)
·         Interesting to learn about how the doctors and health staff dealt with the family and diagnosis
·         Recommend for other years (2)
·         Extremely beneficial; recommend for other years
·         We need more sessions like this!!!
·         We would definitely benefit from more sessions like this!
·         It was brilliant and very valuable; both personally and relative to the course
·         Brilliant session; very useful and thank you for coming to talk to us!
·         Thank you for this opportunity (3)
·         Very interesting, I will look at Justin’s blog
·         Left blank (4)


No comments:

Post a Comment