Sunday 19 January 2014

When am I going to learn? & I got my apology.



When am I going to learn?

It is now 1.30Aam on the 19/01/2014 and I just not long ago fell out of my wheelchair. The reason for this is because I am an idiot, and I drink way to fast. I rolled into the kitchen to make myself a drink, made the drink, took a gulp because that’s what I do. Next minute I am choking and come out of my chair, and I’m on the kitchen floor with vimto around me. I didn’t hurt myself, but when am I going to learn I need to start drinking slower.

My dog Oatis must of heard me choking and ran in barking, and my brother followed him, and then helped me out and got me back in my wheelchair. 

I am fortunate when I fall that I never hurt myself, I guess where I have falling a lot over the years I have found a way over falling right if that sense, and I should be a stuntman.  Sometimes I have control over weather I am going to fall or not, and other times it’s just inevitable. I only know one thing is true, that it wasn’t my first time falling, and it sure won’t be my last.

Going back to November now and remember my train journey from hell. (http://jdscrim.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/30-seconds-to-mars-and-nightmare-journey.html) I received an email, this morning from South West Trains and I got my apology.

Here is the email
Dear Mr. Scrimaglia

Thank you for your email of 25 November 2013. I am sorry we have taken longer than we would like to reply to you. This is due to a large volume of correspondence and calls we have recently received.

I’m very sorry that we let you down by failing to provide you with the assisted travel service that you had taken the time to book in advance of your journey.  I completely understand that customers booking this service trust our staff to offer a high level of service and for the assistance that has been booked to be guaranteed and I apologise that you had such a bad experience. 

Assisted travel bookings are processed at the Customer Service Centre where there is a robust system in place to ensure that all the staff who need to know that you intend to travel are aware of this before hand.  We take any failure of booked assistance very seriously as we recognise that not only is this distressing at the time of the journey, a bad experience can also have a very negative affect on any future travel plans a customer may have. 

The most valuable reassurance that we can provide you with is to take steps to ensure we have done all we can to prevent this incident being repeated in the future.  At the heart of our company values is our commitment to learn from our mistakes.  With this in mind, I assure you that your complaint will be investigated in full with the Managers concerned for the staff involved.  Our Access and Integration Manager will also be made aware of the situation.  Whilst the outcome of the investigation will remain internal we will do all we can to make sure that next time you travel your assistance is as you booked it. 

I hope that your future journeys are more enjoyable.  Thank you for contacting us.

Kind regards
William Bettridge-Radford
Customer Service Advisor

Time will tell i guess if they learn from it.  

1 comment:

  1. The first few times I took a train in a wheelchair I too bothered to book the journey for assistance. But it's such an inflexible system it doesn't work well for anyone with even the slightest bit of spontaneity or less than German-like precision with regards to latency. So unless I'm taking a specific train with a discount ticket like London-Liverpool I don't book assistance.

    ReplyDelete