Sunday 12 January 2014

Mini Adventure (My independents is coming back)



Yesterday I took my first day out on my own in ages. (My independents is coming back) I only went down to my local shops, to a place called Winton. It’s only about 15-20 minutes down the road, took me a little longer though as it was my first time doing it in ages.  Plus it was my first time out solo in my light weight wheelchair, which went fine, the only one scary moment was I came to cross this road, and it had a bit of slope to the pavement, I was coming down it and because the is nothing to my wheelchair, it took all my energy and strength to stop myself rolling, I almost flew into this oncoming van, it was a close call. 

The reason I went out was, I have flesh tunnels and I lost the due to all the operations I had to have done, so I am in the stages of starching them back up, they are now at a 5mm.  I go to White Flame tattoo studio, they also do piercings and now tattoo removing viva laser, so check them out. (http://www.whiteflameltd.co.uk)

I went into WHSmith to but the newest copy of MetalHammer magazine and this is where the embarrassing moment of yesterday came.  I am in a busy queue waiting to pay, and I have my iPod rocking away on full volume and I have my Skullcandy headphone around my neck, so I think the people can hear what I am listening too, I always have my iPod on shuffle mode, anyway on comes All Out of Love by Air Supply damn me and my love for 80’s love songs.

After hitting a few more shops I decided it was time to come home.  Now on the way the back to where I live I have to go up a bit of a hill, so I get to the hill and start my climb. I get 2 people come to me and ask if I want them to push me up, nice of them but I say no I got this (As I am a stubborn git hahaha) I made it to the top and I was like Hiro Nakamura after the first time he time travels in Heroes, Yes I did it. (With a big smile on my face) I hurt my right wrist on the hill, but it seems fine day, I made it home and I was knackered I forgot how much of a killer pushing my fat ass around was.
                                                   (This is Hiro Nakamura from Heroes)


I could have just got a bus down there and back, but I wanted to get some exercise, plus I’ve had some bad experiences with buses. One day I went to get on a bus, the bus driver looked at me, and went I suppose you want the ramp down, I just looked back at him and said yes please or I won’t be getting on the bus, as he done the ramp, he was having a pop at me for not having any friends with me, as he put it if I had friends with me they could help me on the bus and safe him a job, I said nothing but I felt like saying sorry I am I disabled and sorry I made you get off your fat ass to do your job, you are a bus driver this is part of your job. 

The last time I was on a bus, I had a lady bus driver and I think she was new to her job and she was proper to the book. Some of the buses down here now have a flip down arm rest in the disabled bay, anyway she was trying to put it down, but she didn’t know how, I looked at her and said it’s ok love I don’t need that I’m getting off up the road, and she was like no it’s going doing, making my feel like a right twat in front of a full bus. 3-4 minutes later she got it away we go, we get near my  stop I hit the bell, and the disabled buzzer is a different sound, anyway she doesn’t stop the bus, I’m like Hmmm ok next stop, I hit it again and still no stop, so I just wheeled to the front of the bus and got off at the next stop, had a bit of a push back to my place and at that time I was in my NHS tank like wheelchair, that day really was a bus ride from hell.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I saw you one time at Poole? I just found your blog so I was reading some things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steven thanks for reading and checking my blog, Poole really i don't remember but cool

      Delete
  2. Maybe it wasn't you. If it was you'll probably remember my wheelchair - it has 3 wheels. It was in 2012 around Christmas. It was the last time I went I think.

    ReplyDelete