Saturday 15 June 2013

My Man of Steel Review




Still keeping it off topic this is my Man of Steel review.
Yesterday at 1.30pm I saw Man of Steel and I was very excited going in as I have pretty much followed this film from the moment that Warner Brothers said they were rebooting the Superman franchise, and I have to say it didn’t disappoint.  As I am a fan of Superman anyway I loved this film but I think even if you are not you will still enjoy it. It’s got a little bit of everything for everybody love story, action, cool fight scenes and things blowing up. No spoilers in this review the film kicks off with going to Krypton which is very cool no film has really done this before. Yeah there has always been talk of Krypton but this time we got to go there and well their vision of it, and it was very cool and was very sci-fi and made you feel like you were on a another planet, that’s how I felt anyway.  The cast do a really good job Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Kal-EL is a perfect fit he looks and feels just like Superman. As I said it’s a perfect fit they got the right man for the job. Michael Shannon as General ZOD he was great in his role, I just found he was much more terrifying in the trailers leading up to this film but he is still good as a villain, I was just upset that he didn’t say Kneel Before ZOD. But hey it’s a new take on Superman and they are going in new directions with it which is cool in my mind.  As for the rest of the cast Russell Crowe as Jor-EL he’s good, Antje Traue as Faora-UL she’s like General ZOD’s henchman well henchlady and she is superb in this role.  And Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent for me these bites are beautifully done, they are just magic. And for all the rest of the cast they all play their role’s and adds good bites to the film. So let me move on to the only part of the film that was a bit of let down for me, and that was Lois Lane played by Amy Adams. I’ve got no problem with Amy Adams she’s a great actress I guess what my problem was in the film was how they did the writing for her character I don’t know maybe I am reading too much into it, or maybe it’s I’m just too much of a Erica Durance’s is Lois Lane from the TV show Smallville. Who was funny, quick and snappy with one liners maybe I wanted more of this from her, but as I said before it’s a new take on Superman. So apart from that little part I loved this film and enjoyed it, a few bites I had tears in my eyes and from start to finish I had a smile on my face and left feeling very happy. Zack Snyder and co did an amazing job on rebooting Superman and I for one hope they return for a Man of Steel 2 if Warner Brothers don’t get them all to return of just leave at one film then in my mind they are silly. Because I believe this is the Superman film fans have been waiting years for and I “HOPE” we get more. I’ll give Man of Steel 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment