Tuesday 21 April 2015

Welcome to my Life



The other day I heard the song by Simple Plan - Welcome to my Life


 in those first few early yes of dealing with FA this song said pretty much how I was feeling. I continued to feel this way for a few years and then one day it all changed.

(To save myself some time here is a link to my story it explains it all)

                                           (Look at me here... not very happy and i am pretty
                                              I may have been listening to Simple Plan)


It just takes Time 

My life has got a lot better from skydiving, gigs/festival to all the great work I’ve been doing with BU Carer & Service User Partnership thanks to them I got to do my first ever solo talk. 



Oh and I even play wheelchair rugby

Which I’ll be honest I stink at compared to my team mates, but I try. This past Sunday we had training and to be fair I probably played the best I ever have... I was doing some good blocking,: passing from the inbound and I even managed to catch the ball which led to my team scoring happy days so must be improving.

That is my key word for today “Try”

And that is going out to everybody, try something new, try something old just try...
2 things are probably going to happen, 1. You get a huge sense of gratification or 2. You realise it wasn’t for you and that’s okay because you still gave it a shot. 

I’ll be straight up and honest with you before the first wheelchair rugby tester session, I had all the questions going around in my head what if I am not good enough? Thanks to FA I have nothing to offer this game and so on so on. 

You know what I just thought screw it I’m just going to see what happens and I am very glad I gave wheelchair rugby a shot turns out I like it and I have meet bunch of wonderful people who I now class as family. 

Okay so I still am bad at a lot of it, but I just stick to what I am good at and that’s blocking but the important reason here is to Try because life is too short.
Whether you have FA like myself, wheelchair user or not, whatever your disability heck it doesn’t matter even if you are ably bodied, get out there and try. 


I guess what I am trying to say with Time and some Will you can turn your life from Dark to Light, little Star Wars reference there.




2 comments: