Sunday 2 November 2014

All for the Love of Rock & Roll



Right I have had one of the most fun and crazy weekend, so much fun that I am not hanging from it.

Friday night 

For Halloween I went to my favourite drinking place in Bournemouth the Anvil (http://www.theanvilbournemouth.co.uk/ ) dressed up as a "Rolling Dead Zombie Punk"
It was fun got a few mixed views on my mask, some loved it and some probably thought I was too scary approach. It was all fun had a few drinks and photos taking and meet a few awesome new people, and then I had to cut my time short as I had to get up to catch a train to London.
I rolled in at just gone 2am and pretty much went to sleep straight away.


Saturday 

Got up about 8:30am and let’s just say I was fucked already, but I am a trooper and the show must go on.  After I got myself ready and packed my bag, I had some breakfast I had ready brek porridge (because I’m a big ass kid and it will come back to haunt me later)

It was time to roll


My mum dropped me off at Bournemouth train station; I was booked on the 11:59 train to London. Rolled into the station and spoke to the staff to get the ramps ready for when the rain gets in. All done smooth and nice, the train arrives and I follow the man as I am waiting with him he starts asking me “where I’m going and what for” so I tell him I’m off to London for a gig. 

This lady who over heard me tell him popped her head round and went me too, and we got on the train and pretty much talked music the whole way up was awesome, we talked about what bands we like and who we have seen. I believe her name was Mel I’m crap with names so I’m just going to call her Mel, before we knew it we had made it to London and we said our goodbyes and enjoy the gig and then we parted ways. 

I was now in London Waterloo train station, next thing was roll to the underground 2 lifts later and I was in the underground and fuck It was busy I got on tube and was off to Wembley Park. Which took ages too as there were loads of stops, anyway finally made It to Wembley Park got off the tube looked up for the sign for the lift okay so roll this and then see another sign lift back this way I rolling around like a headless chicken for this lift. I found the lift and it was out of order, so saw some staff and rolled up to them and the lady had her back to me, I said excuse me how do I get out of here. She turned round and saw I was sat down and just had a look on her face that said oh shit yeah the lift is broke. So she got on the phone and shorted it, right I had to get back on the tube get off and next stop and the tube on the other side to come back where I just came from to be on the side with a working lift. 


I finally meet up big Justin and hit a TGI Fridays and got so beers and shots of neat Jack Daniels, now I will hold my hands up and say I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking but don’t ever dinking on an empty stomach or in my case just ready brek porridge. 


I should have just stuck to the beer; I was in the toilet before the gig puking my guts up. It was fine because I’m like that I’m weird once I have been sick I’m fine afterwards. I came home smelling of a combo of spilt beer and sick not the best but it was all for the love of Rock & Roll.



                                                               Big Justin & Little Justin

The gig












Black Stone Cherry + Airbourne + Theory of a Deadman was amazing, Theory of a Deadman were god but really didn’t get much time as they were first band on but they did say that they will be back next year to do a headline tour. 

Airbourne were entertainment for value on their own, they go insane live \m/ 

And Black Stone Cherry was killer and they played Hollywood in Kentucky & White Trash Millionaire which went down like a treat everybody singing and dancing away. 

Nothing but a good time :-)


We had to leave a little early because I had to be on the 12:05 train so I missed Black Stone Cherry playing Lonely Train but I’m sure I’ll see them again one day because they are awesome. 








Made it back to Waterloo and then I parted ways with big Justin as he lives in London anyway, so I was waiting a bit for my train to get a platform and then I had to find some staff to get the ramp as it was so late there was no one around, so this girl went and tracked one down and I got on the train.

Lots of characters on that train got chatting to a few, the plan was to get off at Basingstoke get in a taxi and go to Winchester and then get on another train to Bournemouth. On the train were these 2 football fans, both called Rob nice and friendly guys just wankered and I mean really drunk.

The train arrives at Basingstoke and these guys are like we will help you off, and I’m like no need they know I’m here and will meet me with a ramp, but no these guys are having none of it and pull me off the train and the guy in front was even ready so yeah I almost ended up under the train it was fucking scary and then the train conductor came over and said to the guys on multiple occasions I suggest you just walk away because technically you just assaulted him and I will phone the police.
Even the they almost killed I didn’t want the boys in blue to turn up so I and the Robs hugged it out and we went on our way I got outside and the taxi was waiting for me. 

So I got strapped up into the taxi or the retarded pope mobile as I like to call them, and my taxi driver was like citizen Khan but the taxi drivers English was worse, so communication was fucking hard work anyway by some miracle we made it to Winchester and the train was waiting. 

The train conductor there was like are you getting on I was like yeah just need the ramp and he was like “oh I just want to go home” in an angry and aggressive way. (I thought to myself we all do you giant dick) but I held it and said sorry but I have booked it, and got on the train and headed for Bournemouth.  
 I had to do something I hate doing I had to have a wee on the train it was an emergency it had to be done. I rolled in at just gone 3am I was so wiped that I just got my clothes off and crashed, it was a long day but fun too as I said all for the love of Rock & Roll \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment