Wednesday 19 November 2014

Road Trip Talk



So last week on the drive to our gig, me and my friend Chris got talking on the subject of me on nights out. I should add I do gigs with Chris but not nights out as he works weekends, that’s how we ended up on the topic. 

Anyway back to the story 

I was telling him how I pretty much become like a Rockstar when I’m out because I am usually the only one in a wheelchair, so of course everybody wants to talk to the guy in wheelchair.
Chris was like do you ever say anything funny? to them when they ask.

(I'd just like to add here that all this is 100% true, I'm not perfect and from time to time some pretty dumb stuff comes out of my mouth... don't believe me just ask any of my friends & family. As I'm sure that you know by now I just like sharing, so that's why I am writing this...)

I said this one time this girl came up to me and said “so why are you in a wheelchair” before I tell you what I said, I’m not sure why I said it, maybe I thought it sounded funny in my own head. 

Here’s what I said

“I don’t really need it; I just like to have somewhere to sit when I come out”

It cracked Chris up, but the girl that night I swear to god her mouth hit the floor and she had this look in her eyes that said, you lazy peace of shit and I’m pretty sure she wanted to throw her drink over me.

I could see it was going south in a hurry, so I quickly had to tell her I was joking and I told her the real reason to why I am in a wheelchair and after I told her, she went you’re such an inspiration and you have a beautiful smile.

I and Chris got talking in the car, and agreed that I should start telling people that they tried to give me adamantium claws like Wolverine but surgery went wrong. It’s safe to say we got our nerd on for a bit haha..

Anyway over the few days, I have been thinking/wondering what do my fellow wheelchair users of this world say? Any funny stories? Or do you just tell them to mind their own business. 

If you want to, leave a comment or hit me up on the Twitter https://twitter.com/JDScrimaglia 

I'd love to hear what my fellow wheelchair users say. 

Talking of fellow wheelchair users, have you seen this? if not click and enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment