Saturday 26 April 2014

Just more News



Yesterday I had a visit from an OT, to see how things are going and to talk about my shower wheelchair. Because it is old and parts keep falling off, so it makes it that more dangerous when I take a shower. 

I showed her a few transfers, and I don’t think she was too impressed with them, but she said “keep going with them but if things get too hard, then we need to start looking at things differently”. 

My transfers at the moment, I’d say 85% of the time I am in control, as long as I put my full concentration into it. The other 15% when I’m tired or my mind goes walk about, that’s when shit hits the fan and I tend to fall. I am glad that she said to keep doing things, the way I am.
Then we got talking about new shower chairs, and we came to a decision of a fold down shower seat with legs that is mounted to the wall. It will make shower time in my life that easier. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly and I am not left waiting.

In other news

I suffer from hay fever, and yes I really do mean suffer. It has come on so fast and strong this year; it is not fun being a wheelchair user and sneezing 6 to 9 times in a row.  When I sneeze, I sneeze at like 200mph and thanks to FA I have no control over my body (yes this falls into the 15%) and I tend to fly forward and knee myself in the face, not fun. I haven’t done it this year yet, but in the past I have sneezed myself out of my wheelchair again not fun.

Not a great lot going on in my life at the moment, not even from the FA side of life, but as they say I have something things I’m working on in the pipe line. So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment