Wednesday 18 June 2014

Download






Last Thursday we packed up the car, and headed for the great north. 



Then we saw this sign 


And we were Home, for the next 4 days


and then it was time to Rock N Roll. \m/







I had such an Amazing time, (it didn’t beat my first ever Download of 2009, but man it came very close) I got to see so many great bands, catching up with friends/making new ones, hangovers, late nights and early starts. It was all worth it though, as it was so fun.

The disabled campsite had got better in 4 years too, all the toilets now had hand rails in them and all the showers had a fold down seat and a hand rail. 

They nailed it, last time I went some of the toilets/showers had them but not all, so this year was good and made it a little easier for me (and I bet my fellow disabled campers too)

The only down side was the long grass, let’s face it my wheelchair was designed to roll across concrete, not grass. It was pretty tough in some places but we managed, it was just the campsite grass that was a pain the main arena grass was fine, that was more flat because it had a shit load of people walking over it.

My best bands 

Best bands for me over the weekend 

Friday

Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold (My favorite moment came when Avenged Sevenfold played Seize the Day, it's my favorite song of all the times by them and i have never seen them play it live it was Beautiful, i even shed a little tear, it was a moment that will stick with me forever)


Saturday

Fozzy, Bowling For Soup, Twisted sister, Status Quo

Sunday

Red Dragon Cartel, Buckcherry, Richie Sambora, Joe Bonamassa, Volbeat, Steel Panther & Aerosmith

Now I still enjoyed all the other bands I saw, but these were just the best of the bunch for me.

The weather held up too, we had 2 nice days of sun (Yes I got sun burn on my noise, and a tan) we also got a little rain, but nothing to heavy.  One thing I forgot about is, Download Festival is right by a airport and planes are always taking off, so next time I’m taking ear plugs.

Spending the weekend away at Download was great fun, and Rocking Out to live music was just the best. I am not going to wait another 4years, if the line up has some bands I want to see next year then Download I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment