Tuesday 4 February 2014

I am calling upon my fellow FAers around the world



I am calling upon my fellow FAers around the world, like we are a league of super-heroes. (If any of you read this)

The reason I ask is because in the last week or so, my left leg is becoming a lot stiffer and I am having problems bending it, and pain in my hip.  I don’t know if this is a FA thing, because my left leg is where they robed from my thigh during the operation I had for my foot.  I am not sure if it’s a FA thing or maybe its backlash from the operation, it is causing my problems when I transfer because my leg won’t bend at the knee.

It's very frustrating, it’s like my mind is telling yes but my body just can’t do it. It’s like this a lot with FA and I am finding it happing more lately, and I get mad at myself and then flip out and take my own frustrations out on the people around me. I don’t mean to do it; I just do it because I am mad at myself. 

I write this up a few days ago, when my leg/hip was pretty bad it still kind of is, and is still going stiff when transferring which is one of the biggest problems. Because I am more unbalanced with only being able to use one leg, I am at more of a risk of falling which I have been doing a lot lately.  To me it looks like I may have falling bad and done something to the top of my thigh/hip area as I have a lump sticking out, which maybe bone, I don’t know I have an ointment coming up soon to see my team at the Hospital, so I’ll tell them all about it then. 

I bet a lot who read this probably think I’m crazy for not getting check right away; my own mum thinks I’m crazy. Well since you have been seeing doctors pretty much nonstop since you 15 you kind of get pissed off with seeing them, and plus when I see my team they know me and know what’s going on so it makes more sense to wait to me than talk to some random doctors and have to explain it all.

I contacted this lady in the week about Chair Yoga, chair yoga. It can be done from either a chair or if not suitable from a powerchair/wheelchair or mobility scooter if you have enough room to move arms and legs. Yoga is very much about working to your own limits with the aim to gradually extend these and about a personal practice, not worrying about what others in the room are doing, how far they are going. There are usually ways to adapt each pose or alternative poses if needed. The chair yoga involves gentle movements with the breath working through the whole of the body and finishes with a long relaxation with possibility to help balance, stretching and mobilizing and relaxing, class time is usually 45-50 mins. Now she doesn't have a regular class going in the chair yoga but she could teach a private class. So I am looking for disabled people in Bournemouth or surrounding areas up for trying something new, let me know if you are interested in trying so Chair Yoga.

Here is her page for info
Fiona Wilson
http://www.yogabournemouthandbeyond.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. You called???
    oh right so we aren't fighting crime I'll just roll on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you're reply Steven brilliant :-)

      Delete
    2. Cereal now. It could be the op you had, an injury, or pulled muscle. Sometimes gentle exercise helps. Do you see a physiotherapist?

      Delete