Wednesday 19 February 2014

Had a very productive morning



Had a very productive morning, this morning went to a meeting at the Bournemouth house. Carer and service user partnership (http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/csup) we were discussing experiences we’ve had with OT’s occupational therapists.

It was very different, but different meaning in a good way. I enjoyed it and I spoke about Friedreich's Ataxia, (Spreading the word of FA) and all the positive experiences I’ve had with them. 

The occupational therapists we had in the room did pick up on my introduction.

I said 

Hello I’m Justin and I suffer from Friedreich's Ataxia,which is fine I am aloud to say that, but from now on I think I may say Hello I’m Justin and I have Friedreich's Ataxia.
As I don’t believe I suffer from it, I have it yes, it’s a part of me, yes but I don’t let it hold me back in life or stop me. When there is a will, there is a way. 

On the 4th of March I’ll be taking part in a talk again, this time with a lot more people. People who are learning to become occupational therapists.

It’s all thanks to my mum who is taking part in this too, from a carer side of things.
I was very nervous to begin with, but once I settled down and got talking I was okay, I had one lady in the room that shed a few tears. I enjoyed doing it and I am looking forward to the next talk, it’s going to be way scarier with more people in the room.

Other news 

And in other news I have a problem with my wheelchair when I am rolling it keeps pulling to the right for some reason, I thought maybe the tier was a bit flat so I gave it a top up of air and it’s still pulling. I even got my mum to go in my chair last night to make sure I wasn’t going crazy, and she was like yeah it’s pulling. I have contacted the company ad I am currently waiting for a man named Dan to get in touch with me, fingers crossed it’s soon and we get this problem fixed ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment