Friday 21 February 2014

Me in My Model Days



I got sent this today, a link (https://www.lensculture.com/editors_pick) of a photo shot I took part in a few years ago of people with tattoos.  The picture of me in the link is a unfinished tattoo, we were still in the process of working on it.



It is al finished and looking beautiful now,  here is the reason behind the tattoo.

After I had my life changing experience I decided to get a tattoo to complete the journey. I have a left sleeve tattoo which is a phoenix starting  at the top of  my arm and then going down my arm and joining the words ‘Family’ which I have inked on the inside of my forearm, I also have 5 cherry blossoms. It’s a Japanese style sleeve so it’s big, bright and very colourful. It was done by the amazing Emma Garrard right here in Bournemouth; she is a very talented tattoo artist. So the reason behind my tattoo of a phoenix is that it signifies my new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor, so I got a phoenix to represent my old life ending and my new life just beginning. The words Family and the 5 cherry blossoms, are there for my Family who have stood by me throughout all my ups and downs in life, and without them I don’t know where I’d be. And the 5 cherry blossoms are for the most important people to me; my mum, Nan and granddad, brother and sister. It’s one of those wear your heart on your sleeve tattoos and is also mixed in with the meaning of change in life. 
I am a big believer in when there is will, there is a way.

The Photography was done by John Hicks, please go check him out. Lovely man and amazing at what he does. http://johnhicks.co.uk/

Also to the one and only Emma Garrard for amzing tattoo on my arm, but also for just being her she is wonderful. 

Emma now has her own tattoo studio right here in Bournemouth http://living-art-collective.com/
Go and check out the site and book up for some ink. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment