Monday 9 December 2013

Because I’m on Top of the World



Because I’m on top of the world, I’m on top of the world, waiting on this for a while now.

Because to I became a proud owner of a RGK Octane wheelchair. (The wheelchair I have only been dreaming about owning for years) Today that dream became reality, and I am over the moon with happiness. 

Getting a new wheelchair is just like getting a new bike, car or horse everything becomes new and it takes time to adjust and break it in. I have only been rolling around my bungalow so far and already everything is just so effortless, it’s amazing I am in love.

My wheelchair is a she of course and I have decided to name her Betty. (After the 1977 classic Ram Jam song Black Betty) and oh man is she lightweight, when i’m not in the chair I can lift Betty with one hand. It’s crazy light and that is because she is made from 9th grade titanium and carbon fiber. Betty is all sexy black matt paint, apart from the wheels she as a bit of red paint on the tips of the spokes, looks amazing her style fits perfect to me, as Dan said to me the guy from RGK this wheelchair was custom built for me.

I am so very happy right now I can’t stop smiling, a massive thank you goes out to my Nan and Granddad and my Family for the help and support they have given me to get my Octane named Betty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment