Saturday 23 February 2013

New Wheelchair Yesterday



Yesterday i got a new wheelchair, i got it from the wheelchair NHS services so it didn’t cost me anything as it’s still they chair i’m just kind of lending it for as long as i need it. When i was 20 my mum and her friends set up a fund raiser Jump4Justin where friends of ours did a sky dive to raise money to buy me a wheelchair.  It was a nice lightweight chair probably the best I’ve used so far; it cost two and a half thousand pounds. So it got me thinking last night why are some wheelchairs so expensive, I’m probably asking my own question here it's the expensive materials they use and the labour involved to make  wheelchair isn’t cheap. But maybe it’s just me but i feel like it’s just yet another thing this world has cashed in on, i mean it’s not like us disabled people are having wheelchairs as  a new fashion accessory  like a mobile phone,  they are things that we disabled people need to help our day to day things.

It just seems crazy to me way they are so expensive. I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this matter, weather you feel the same as me or you feel differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment