Monday 9 February 2015

Wheelchair Rugby Training



First things first training has officially started for The Dorset Destroyers; yesterday we had training session number 2. I took an old wheelchair cushion with me to put in the rugby be chair and it made me higher up which made it a little easier for me to push and get little speed here and there, the speed was short lived though.

Because I was too high up when I went lean back it looked like I went flat in the chair, this happened a lot yesterday. A few of the lady’s and even my mum were like that’s no good for you, so yes I hold my hands up and say if was a dumb move but it was trial by error or something like that, meaning it had to be made so I could learn from it. 

                                          (Me going flat in my chair, not good for the back)

I believe having that little height under me was great and I felt like it will give me that little boost I need, I just got to find that balance so I’m not too up I fuck my back up or too low down that  I’m slow like a turtle.

I can safely say after yesterday I am pretty sore but I have Lemmy Kilmister juice aka JD & Coke so it’s all good :-)

Enjoy some shots from yesterday’s session  























0





Now that we are in proper training mode it’s getting harder but I am sticking with it no pain no gain right plus The Dorset Destroyers are like Family great bunch of people.





No comments:

Post a Comment