Friday 26 September 2014

Is this what it means to be a grownup/Adult?



Just a quick update

Is this what it means to be a grownup/Adult?

Today I had a hospital appointment with my Rehabilitation-XCH team, and I did solo (First ever time) so I rolled into the room and the Doctor asked how I was, and how things are going?

I replied with a lot has been going down 

My right leg has been playing up
I broke a toilet seat
I wet myself twice
Oh and I turned 27...

After spending some time talking, they took me into the little room and put the rubber gloves on alien probed me (Haha just joking, I was watching South Park last night)

They just took a look at my feet and legs, and everything is looking good. My happy feet are doing great and staying flat and they are very happy with my transfers, so just like Charlie Sheen I’m winning

No leg splints or anything, as that was still in question from last time I saw them. As for the problems with my legs, it’s just them getting tight I need to keep up with my stretches and keep them lose.

I don’t have to go back for 18 months, happy days all is good in the hood.

I titled this blog post  Is this what it means to be a grownup/Adult? because you are one when you go to appointments by yourself. Ever since i can remember i have with my mum, but she was busy today so i Rocked it solo,  i wont lie it was different but it was fine i am a real grownup now haha :-)

In other news

Sunday I am off to give wheelchair rugby a go. I am hoping they go easy on the new rookie (That's me haha) I’ll post all about it, if I’m not too banged up and alive haha. 

I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment