Sunday 28 April 2013

Update on My Left Foot

I wanted to get this out sooner but my internet went down in the week and i only get it back Friday afternoon.



Monday the 22nd of April i had my 6week check up at Hospital for my left foot. Had to have it x-rayed and then i got to see my surgeon and his team, and they had a new guy with them that i had not met before. He was on his last year coming up to taking his final exams, so this was a bit of field test for him. My surgeon Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Mr. Health Taylor asked the new guy i can’t remember his name, asked him what they did to my foot. So then he began to examine my foot and he got it all right spot on. And the Mr. Taylor asked him “what is Justin’s condition” he stated off with a few words of things i have never heard of and then it was brain tumour, cerebral palsy. He was getting closer he started looking at me and i was like yeah i do what’s wrong with me and they and my mum were like don’t tell him. And the a few minutes later he said it friedreich's ataxia bingo he passed again. And then Mr. Taylor said he only comes across people with FA ever few years and i am his one now. So after that guy got it right that i had FA he stated doing all the tests on me, i felt like i was 14/15 again. People with FA will now the tests they get you to close your eyes and try to touch your noise with your finger, and then with your eyes open they hold their finger up and get you to touch their finger and then touch your noise. It’s reflex test they were doing my reflexes are really bad. So all in all it was a fun trip to the Hospital on Monday oh and i had my cast removed and Mr. Taylor was very happy with how it’s looking and how they x-rays were and i don’t have to go back now till June for another check up. My foot has some swelling but that will go down apart from that it’s doing really good i am happy with it.

Update on my story i'm still working on it but it is in the last stages now so it will be going online very soon so watch this space as they say. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment