Tuesday 17 March 2015

All the Fun of Saturday Night



Saturday I travelled up to London on my own, yes on my own as much as my mum hates that I love doing It because it’s just me and I can go at my own pace.

My mum dropped me off at the train station, I met the guy who had my name on the list because I am good disabled person and I pre-booked my assisted travel, when the train came he met me again I followed him he got the ramp and helped on to the train. 

Boom I was on my way to London 

On the train I plugged my iPod onto my ears for some journey tunes, but I didn’t listen to much because we arrived at Southampton station and 2 wheelchair guys got on now I have been a wheelchair user for like 8years and I have never been on a train with another wheelchair user let alone 2 of them. They were nice guys spent the whole train ride to London talking with them, chatting about all sorts Oliver and Toby by time we got to London we all agreed that we probably never see each other again or have 3 wheelchair guys on one train unless it was planed. 

Got off the train said my goodbyes to the guys and rolled to my next part, London underground 2 slow lifts later I was in the underground got on the first tube and headed for Wembley park station. About half an hour later I got off at Wembley park station and head for the lift, roll up to the lift and it said “sorry not in service” I thought what again I had this last time, so I rolled up to the first guy in a underground coat I could see and I explained, he said wait here there is a lift engineer coming down to take a look at it and maybe he can fix it to get you up stairs. I guess not because a few minutes he came back to me and said this is a bit long winded but we are going to take the next tube to the next station get off take the next tube back to be on a side with a working life, yes it was long winded but it was nice he came with me and I didn’t get his name but he was an 80’s child like myself so the extra tube ride’s we took together we spent talking music was fun and turns out the lift broke about an hour and a half before I got there because I asked him. 

Finally made it out of Wembley park station and I gave my mum a ring to say I was still alive and then I rolled to meet with my friends Deb and Rob. I met them and we headed off to find the wetherspoons for food, cheaper beer and more chatting. We found the wetherspoons so it was beer o’clock and they were showing the rugby games and man I tell you I have never been I a pub in England where so many people were cheering on Wales to win was crazy.  After beer, food and chatting it was time so we headed back for the gig.  

The Lounge Kittens, Skindred and Steel Panther now on paper that sounds like a weird mix but man it totally worked the gig was all the fun.
the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that the stewards had a go at me the amount of friends i had with me, when i booked the tickets i explained to them and they said it would be fine but on the day of the gig clearly wasn't but i soon saved the day and they loving mei went to go to the toilet and there was a fellow wheelchair guy in front of me and didn't have his radar keyand the stewards couldn't track one down for him i had mine boom just like Superman i saved the day. All 3 bands were great but Steel Panther really blew the roof off the place they were Ace.




After the gig my friend Rob pushed me back quickly to Wembley park station so I could jump on a tube back to Waterloo to get my 12:05 train home, I made it back to Waterloo underground and pushing like a bat out of hell because I didn’t know what the time was I took the first lift up and rolling to the 2nd lift this drunk guy see’s me and goes dude it’s  Nikki Sixx

                                                            (I was dressed up like this)

and runs over and try’s to hug me and shit me mumbling away because I still have my tube ticket in my mouth, I was cheers dude but I gotta go catch my train I got the 2nd lift and made my train with loads of time to spare.
Fucking train toilets suck I hate using them but I was desperate I had to go, and the toilet was broke so I got someone else is pee on me when I got off the train in Bournemouth I had like a 5minute wait and then I jumped on a bus and headed for home, I rolled in just before 3am I was so tired I went to sleep in my clothes, the next day I woke up smelling of beer and stale pee not pretty but All for the Love of Rock N Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment